Youro Theme Contest 14
|Youro Theme Contest 14|
|Host city||TBA, TBA|
|Number of entries||22 (to date)|
|Voting system||10 favourites are awarded 12, 10, then 8 through 1 points by all participants.|
|Youro Theme Contest|
The Youro Theme Contest 14 is set to be the fourteenth edition of the Youro Theme Contest. The winning country of the previous edition will be granted the rights to host this edition, and therefore also the chance to choose the theme of this edition.
Format[edit | edit source]
- Each edition in Youro Theme Contest consist of a theme chosen by the host broadcaster.
- If there are 28-37 countries competing, then there will be a semi-final and a final. The top 10 of the previous edition will be pre-qualified to the final, while the rest of the participants will compete in the semi-final. The amount of qualifiers depends on the number of semi-finalists:
- < 20 semi-finalists: The top 9 + IJ favourite will qualify (20 finalists)
- ≥ 20 semi-finalists: The top 12 + IJ favourite will qualify (23 finalists)
- If there are 38 or more participants, then the top 5 of the previous edition will be pre-qualified to the final. The rest of the participants are then split into two semi-finals with 10 qualifiers from each semi-final.
- The top 9 + IJ favourite will qualify for the final (25 finalists)
- There are no limits to how many times an artist can participate in the contest. But there are limitations when it comes to how often an artist can participate in the contest.
- If an artist has participated once, it must wait at least 2 rounds before it can return to the competition. This means that if the artist participated in YTC 12 or later it cannot participate in this edition.
- If an artist has participated more than once, it must wait at least 4 rounds before it can return to the competition. This means that if the artist participated in YTC 10 or later, it cannot participate before in YTC 15.
Theme[edit | edit source]
- Each country has to submit an entry that is performed by an artist or several artists where the majority of them have a name similar to you.
- The name doesn't have to be 100 % identical, but it has to be relatable.
- , For example, the name Karel is a given name in Dutch and Czech, equivalent to Charles, meaning Free Man. This means Karel could send an artist named Charles.
- Tho this edition we are not allowed to send worldwide hits or songs with more than 100 m views.
Voting[edit | edit source]
- All competing countries are obliged to vote in their own semi-final. Failing to do so will result in a disqualification of the entry and risk to lose their spot in the final and they will also receive a strike. However, they won't be banned from the next edition if they manage to vote in the final.
- The finalists are also obliged to vote in the semi-final but then as a part of the International Jury and they will decide one of the qualifiers. If a finalist forgets to vote in time, their entry will receive a penalty of minus 25% to their points in the final.
- All competing countries are obliged to vote in the final.
- Failing to vote in the semi-final or the final will result in a strike and a ban from the following edition. The amount of strikes determine the punishment given by the YBU. Strike or bans received in the semi-final will be deleted if the country votes in the final.
Returning Artists[edit | edit source]
The following artists are returning to the contest after previously competed in one of the earlier editions:
|Artist||Country||Previous edition||Previous country represented||Previous result|
|Pablo López (with Juanes)||Vovaltik||YTC 5||Limania||14th|
Provisional list of participating countries[edit | edit source]
- The following countries have confirmed participation in the upcoming edition:
|Bartistan||Bartosz Chajdecki & Południce||Kołysanka Kruka||Polish||Bartłomiej|
|Coco Islands||David Carreira||Domino||Portugesse||David|
|Iozenia||Aggelos Dionisiou||Oute Mia Stigmi||Greek||Angel|
|Limania||Daniel Kajmakoski||Deset Leta||Macedonian||Daniel|
|Mexerica||Richard Marx||Hold On To The Nights||English||Richard|
|Phytopia||Woodkid||Land of All||English||Ion|
|Teardrop Islands||Charlie Puth feat. Kehlani||Done For Me||English||Karel|
|Uff Da||Kim Petras||Heart to Break||English||Kim|
|Vovaltik||Pablo López ft. Juanes||Tu Enemigo||Spanish||Pál|
Other countries[edit | edit source]
Eligibility for potential participation in the Youro Song Contest requires a national broadcaster with active YBU membership that would be able to broadcast the contest. The YBU will issue an invitation for participation in the contest to all active members. The following countries that competed in the 12th edition gave the following statements regarding their participation in this edition:
Maybe[edit | edit source]
The following countries have said that they might compete in this edition depending on the theme chosen:
Withdrawing countries[edit | edit source]
The following countries have confirmed that they won't be competing in this edition:
- Ikana failed to vote in the final of the previous edition, so they are not eligible to compete in this edition.
- Orange Island failed to vote in the final of the previous edition, so they are not eligible to compete in this edition.
- Renaoland failed to vote in the final of the previous edition, so they are not eligible to compete in this edition.