Youro Theme Contest 9
|Youro Theme Contest 9|
|Host city||Shatzlar, Teardrop Islands|
|Host broadcaster||Sad TV|
|Number of entries||26|
|Returning|| Kashykia |
|Withdrawing|| Arcorar |
|Voting system||10 favourites are awarded 12, 10, then 8 through 1 points by all participants.|
|Winning song|| Rockland |
Sergey Lazarev - 7 Tsifr
|Youro Theme Contest|
The Youro Theme Contest 9 will be the ninth edition of the Youro Theme Contest. The contest will be hosted in Shatzlar, Teardrop Islands after their victory in the previous edition with the song Í Tokuni performed by Eivør. This was the first time that they had won the contest. Sad TV earned the rights to decide the theme and the chosen theme was Slavic Music.
A total of 26 countries took part in this edition making it the smallest edition to date. Koxeweij debuted in the contest while Kashykia and Julbrendsen Isles returned. Arcorar, Auryville, Campre, Chibcha Republic, Jeokoch, Limnoupolitana, Macedonian Kingdom and Vivland did not submit an entry and therefor withdrew from the contest.
The contest was won by Rockland with the song 7 Tsifr performed by Sergey Lazarev. The song achieved a score of 118 points and tied with Fire Island for the first place. However Rockland won the tie break by receiving votes from 17 countries while Fire Island only received votes from 15 countries. This was the best results to date for Rockland and Fire Island. The top 5 was completed by Uff Da, Volbaria and Bartistan. Kristina became the first artist to represent the same country 3 times (in a row), and she also became the only artist to have finished in the top 3, three editions in a row.
Hosting information[edit | edit source]
On 5 March 2018, it was announced that Shatzlar will be the host city of the 9th edition of Youro Theme Contest. Shatzlar is the largest city in Teardrop Islands and is located on an island called Desire. It is known for it's many shopping centers and the modern architecture.
Bidding phase[edit | edit source]
On 5 March 2018, Sad TV announced that the competition will take in the Shatzlar Arena, which is the the most modern stadium in Teardrop Islands and has a capacity of 30.000 people.
|Shatzlar||Shatzlar Arena||30 000|
Hosts[edit | edit source]
Sad TV announced on 5 March that Hanna and Elena Temnikova was given the opportunity to host the edition. Both are two talented pop artists and are quite popular in both Teardrop Islands and Coco Islands.
Format[edit | edit source]
- Each edition in Youro Theme Contest consist of a theme chosen by the host broadcaster.
- If there are more than 26-36 countries, then there will be a semi final and a final. The top 10 of the previous edition will be pre-qualified to the final, while the rest of the participants are will compete in the semi final.The amount of qualifiers depends on the amount of semi finals:
- < 20 semi finalists: The top 9 + IJ favourite will qualify (20 finalists)
- ≥ 20 semi finalists: The top 12 + IJ favourite will qualify (23 finalists)
- If there are 37 or more participants, then top 3 of the previous edition will be pre-qualified to the final. The rest of the participants are split into two semi finals. 10 qualifiers from each semi final.
- The top 9 + IJ favourite will qualify to the final (25 finalists)
Theme[edit | edit source]
Sad TV decided that the theme for this edition will be Slavic music. The contestants must choose an entry, where a singer must be born in a Slavic country (Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Serbia, Czech republic, Bulgaria, Belarus, Croatia, Slovakia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro) and the song must be in Slavic language which means no songs can be performed a non-Slavic language. However few words and sentences in a non-Slavic language are allowed.
Voting[edit | edit source]
- All competing countries are obliged to vote in their own semi final. Failing to do so will result in a disqualification of the entry and risk to lose their spot in the final.
- The finalists are also obliged to vote in the semi final but then as a part of the International Jury and they will decide one of the qualifiers .
- All competing countries are obliged to vote in the final. Failing to do so will result in a strike.
Returning Artists[edit | edit source]
The following artists are returning to the contest after previously competed in one of the earlier editions:
|Artist||Country||Previous edition||Previous country represented||Previous result|
|Alexander Rybak||Saint-Milo||YTC 8||Fire Island||10th|
|Kristína||Volbaria||YTC 7, YTC 8||Volbaria||4th, 6th|
|Sylwia Grzeszczak||Bartistan||YTC 5 (with Sound'n'Grace)||Bartistan||2nd|
Participating countries[edit | edit source]
Final[edit | edit source]
All participating countries are obliged to vote and the deadline to do so will be 28 March @ 22:00 CET!
|2||Julbrendsen Isles||Seka Aleksic||Soba 22||Bosnian||22||25|
|5||Southern Slavonia||Nives Celzijus||Ramos||Croatian||19||45|
|6||Platonia||Ewelina Lisowska||Zrob To||Polish||9||66|
|7||Teardrop Islands||Sylwia Przybysz||Pomimo||Polish||17||48|
|9||Richyland||Vremja & Steklo||Navernopotomuchto||Russian||14||50|
|10||Rockland||Sergey Lazarev||7 Tsifr||Russian||1||118|
|12||Fire Island||Lucie Vondráčková||Zombie||Czech||2||118|
|15||Phytopia||Emina Jahović & Željko Joksimović||Dva Aviona||Serbian||15||49|
|18||Kalipolis||Lapsus Band||Santa Leda||Serbian||23||18|
|22||Esdonia||Alekseev||A Ya Plyvu||Ukrainian||13||51|
|23||The Kaju's||Yuliya Sionchuk||Tin||Russian||18||47|
|25||Koxeweij||Xindl X||V Blbým Věku||Czech||21||32|
|26||Kashykia||Jelena Karleusa||Gili, Gili||Serbian||24||13|
Results[edit | edit source]
Final[edit | edit source]
Limania failed to vote in the final, they were disqualified and reserves were used and they will get a strike for not voting.
12 points[edit | edit source]
|N° of 12 points||Country||From|
|4||Rockland||Cowland, Mexerica, Saint-Milo, Uff Da|
|3||Bartistan||Hastwyn, Kalipolis, Platonia|
|Fire Island||Asgardia, Dacla, Volbaria|
|2||Coco Islands||Koxeweij, Vovaltik|
|Richyland||Esdonia, Teardrop Islands|
|Uff Da||Coco Islands|
Other countries[edit | edit source]
Eligibility for potential participation in the Youro Song Contest requires a national broadcaster with active YBU membership that would be able to broadcast the contest. The YBU will issue an invitation of participation in the contest to all active members. The following countries that competed in the 6th edition gave the following statements regarding their participation in this edition:
Withdrawing countries[edit | edit source]
The following countries have confirmed that they won't be competing in this edition:
- Arcorar failed to submit an entry to this edition. No reason was given by the broadcaster.
- Auryville failed to submit an entry to this edition. No reason was given by the broadcaster.
- Campre announced on 10 March that they won't be competing in this edition due to LTNC having technical issues.
- Chibcha Republic failed to submit an entry to this edition. No reason was given by the broadcaster.
- Jeokoch were forced to withdraw due to the incident happening in the country and the creation of Nightingale.
- Limnoupolitana failed to submit an entry to this edition. No reason was given by the broadcaster.
- Macedonian Kingdom announced in early March that the broadcaster will be taking a small break from all Youro events.
- Vivland failed to submit an entry to this edition. No reason was given by the broadcaster.